How to: dispose or get rid of junk or abandoned vehicle

Property Support Services LLC logo

Professional Property Management Support Service


Property Manager's Resource

Junk & Abandoned Vehicle Hauling

Scenario 1:

You own the vehicle and have the Certificate of Title, and want it hauled away from your property.

Locate your title and look at it to find the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) . Then take the title to the vehicle and compare the VIN numbers listed on the title to those stamped on the vehicle's VIN plate to be sure they match. If they match, call to make arrangements to have us remove your vehicle.

Tip -

Late model vehicles have the 17-digit VIN number stamped into the VIN plate visible through the windshield at the left forward edge of the dashboard. Older vehicles usually have the Vehicle Serial Number or VIN plate riveted to the inside of the left front door frame (you will need to have the door open or removed to see it).

If you have an older vehicle, a serial number may appear on the Certificate of Title in the box marked for VIN number.

Scenario 2:

Someone has dumped or abandoned a vehicle on your property. You are the property owner, Property Manager, or you have control of the property (you are renting or leasing it). You want the vehicle removed.

You will need to contact the local police department to have an officer come to look at the vehicle. The officer will get the VIN or serial number from the vehicle and the license plate number (if there is one) and check to find the Washington State record of the last registered owner. If there is a record of the last registered owner, the owner will be contacted and informed to move the vehicle within 15 days.

If the vehicle owner does not remove the vehicle (or have it towed) within 15 days, or if there is no record of a last registered owner, the officer can issue to you, the property owner, a form filled in by the officer authorizing you to dispose of the vehicle, or to sell the vehicle, depending on the circumstance.

When the officer provides this form to you filled out, then likely the vehicle is considered junk, and we can then legally remove it for you. Call to have the vehicle removed from your property.

Property Cleanup & Hauling

Common items we remove

  • Couches & Sofas
  • Mattresses
  • Tables
  • Chairs
  • Boxes
  • Furniture
  • Appliances
  • Televisions
  • Tires
  • B.B.Q.'s
  • Landscaping Debris
  • Doors
  • Remodeling and Construction remnants

We remove these items from your property. What have you got to haul away today? Contact us.

dumped furniture and appliances
Property Support Services hauling truck

Call Property Support Services - Take the risk out of renting - Reduce income loss
Copyright © 2007 - 2008 Property Support Services LLC, Tacoma, Washington, USA. All Rights Reserved.
Website by DPHQ. Hosting by